Things we like
Our PhD #happyplace, new PI #tenuretracks and #tenuredtracks Spotify playlists:
Tips and tricks
Bioinformatics, Data and Image analysis tools
- Plots of Data and other tools
(handy apps developed by our colleagues Joachim Goedhart and Marten Postma that plots data and statistics to allow comparison of different experimental conditions)
Our favorite resources
- Amazing drawings of human breast anatomy
(on the anatomy of the breast, by Sir Astley Paston Cooper, 1840)
- The LiveSlides plugin
(for easy breezy embedding of videos and other webpage related content in Keynote and/or Powerpoint presentations)
- The free PollEverywhere plugin
(for getting real-time feedback from your audience. Great for instant feedback from students in class!)
- Smart Servier Medical Art
(for a free, downloadable file of Powerpoint ready image components that you can use to draw your own pathways/protein/DNA complexes etc.)
Graphic design tools
- This series of You Tube videos to help you develop your Adobe Illustrator graphic design skills.
Links we like
On Wnt signaling
On Mammary gland biology and breast cancer
On science and academia
- Watch the webvideo's made by the third year BSc students in Renée's Frontiers in Medical Biology class.
- Visit the website of Amsterdam Science, the popular scientific magazine that keeps you posted on what's going on in Amsterdam. Or click here to go to the online submission form if you have a suggestion for a contribution to the next issue.
... this remains one of the best songs ever written about biology: